Miriam Ernst is a 27 year old lifestyle, travel and fashion blogger form Germany. She can be found at be-sparkling.com.
When did you start blogging?
It was September 2015.
Why did you start blogging?
I always loved to write and was interested in the online world. I love to tell people about my experiences and to inspire them always to drive to be their better-self as I am continuously doing every day!
What inspired you to have your blog photos in black and white on your homepage instead of colour?
I like the idea of changes and to do something different. My images are in black and white to show a unified first impression when you enter the blog, but they change to colour once you slide over them.
What blog posts do you find most interesting to read?
By today nearly everyone is writing “how to” or “Top 10” type of blog posts. Surely they are helpful and sometimes necessary, but I prefer blog posts that are different to what everyone does.
I love it when people tell from their experience, are funny and get you out of your day-to-day life for a moment.
What advice do you have for someone who is stuck for blog post ideas?
This is a tricky one! Before I started blogging I wrote down 50 ideas for blog posts before I even started to write my first blog post. If you’re just starting out, this would be my first tip, so you’ll never end up without ideas.
For people that are already blogging since some time it is harder to find new inspirations. Usually I need to experience something new and my ideas come back, so get in that car and drive somewhere new, do something you have never done before or just think outside of the box, maybe it is time for a change if you’re really not coming up with any new blog posts within your category. Blogs are allowed (and should) evolve.
What has been your favourite fashion event you have attended?
For me it is every year the Milan Fashion Week. I love how stressful and powerful the shows are, how you change location 10 times a day, how you meet different people at every single event and how you get inspired by the new looks out there.
But I am also quite proud of my own fashion event that I am organising once a year 😉
Who is your blogging inspiration?
There are so many people that inspire me, but usually its not the bloggers that do.
I am driven by trying to do something better and different than others do, so I don’t really read blogs to be honest. I get inspired by experiences, by feedback from my readers and by my life experiences.
What are your blogging tips and advice?
There are so many things I’d like to tell people before they start to work as a blogger but let me give you my top 5:
- Saying you are a blogger doesn’t make you a blogger! If you really want to become one you need to BE one! A blogger does not have holidays or just takes a week “off”. If you decide you’d like to do this, then you need to be loyal to your fans and always be there and give them what you promised.
- A blog is about your readers, not about you! Which means that you need to think about who you’d like to read the blog, then what they’d like to read and only then start to actually write.
- Blogging is way more than writing about your life. You need to be a journalist, a researcher, a photographer, a social media specialist, a web designer, an entertainer, … All in one.
- Don’t be in for the money. I know we all need money to live and we all want to have this amazing life to travel and earn money not doing anything. That job doesn’t exist! Blogging is hard work and if you’re in for the money you get that easier with a day-to-day job!
- Be real! Don’t create a blog filled with publicity, if people want that they can just turn on the TV commercials. Give advise, put out your best tips and only promote products you really LOVE.