AN INTERVIEW WITH STACEY LOUISE WHITE

Stacey Louise White is a 24 year old beauty, blogging tips and advice, health, fitness and beauty blogger from Hertfordshire. She can be found at staceylouisewhite.co.uk.

When did you start blogging?
I started in 2015, but let’s just say that was a bit of a disaster and pretend my blog, Stacey Louise White was born in April 2016. (I’m pretty sure every blog starts with dipping your toes in every month or so then eventually falling in love with the blogosphere.) |

Why did you start blogging?
It started out as my creative outlet, somewhere I could spill out all my thoughts and visions. Never did I imagine anyone would read it, let alone enjoy it.

What are your tips on taking blog pics?
I’d say natural lighting really is key, but more importantly, create your own style. As bloggers, it’s hard to not get caught up in trends and that’s ok, just think about how you can be “on trend” whilst bringing something unique to the party.

 Where do you get fashion inspiration?
Everywhere! I’d say 80% of my inspiration comes from other bloggers and then the other 20% is from friends, family, and people I see walking around.

What’s it like blogging as a mum?
I adore being a Mum but, I am so much more than just a Mum, I am a girlfriend, daughter, sister and someone who is completely and utterly obsessed with beauty and fashion. My blog is my escape from dirty nappies and having my hair pulled, it is my place to talk about the things I love with like-minded people. Yes, it can be hard when you’ve perfectly aligned every item for a flat lay and then these jammy little fingers coming crawling along your photo.

Favourite make up brand?
Hmm, this is a tough one, I think Nars and Charlotte Tilbury are two of my fave high-end brands and then Loreal and Rimmel are my favorite drugstore brands, although I feel like Bourjois deserve a shout out because I am the number one fan of the healthy mix foundation.

Who is your blogging inspiration?
I literally find inspiration from so many bloggers, I adore barelytherebeauy, she creates the most beautiful flatlays and every post is executed in such a put together yet effortless way. I am also completely obsessed with Style Lobster, her content is always done to such a high quality and I find myself scrolling down her blog for hours.

What are your blogging tips and advice?
Always be honest. Honesty is the key to building relationships. I’d also say always be original, in the first few months of blogging this is your time to figure out your style of photos and writing. Getting inspiration is key, but try to use it purely as inspiration but add your own unique twist on it. You want someone to be able to stumble across a post of yours, without seeing your name and have them instantly know that’s your work. One thing I always tell people when they ask for advice is to show personality, you don’t have to be a gifted writer, all you need to do is make yourself a little vulnerable, tell your audience a story. Make them laugh, make them cry, just try and make them feel something. Whenever someone’s personality comes through on their blog and they make me laugh or cry, I am always going to go back for more.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s